Starring Tom Baker and Lalla Ward
Directed by: Pennant Roberts
Produced by: Graham Williams
Written by: Douglas Adams
Written by Douglas Adams as his final contribution to Doctor Who, Shada was envisaged as a Time Lord story without a Gallifreyan setting. It sees the Doctor bringing Romana to present-day Earth to visit Professor Chronotis, an elderly Time Lord who absconded from Gallifrey and now lives a quiet academic life at St Cedd’s College in Cambridge.
Also seeking Chronotis is a scientist called Skagra who has a device, in the form of a floating sphere, with which he intends to steal the Professor’s mind and thereby learn the location of a book entitled The Worshipful and Ancient Law of Gallifrey.
Skagra eventually succeeds in obtaining the book, which has been borrowed from the Professor’s study by a student named Chris Parsons. He then kidnaps Romana and hijacks the TARDIS.
• Shada Flash version for PC or Mac with Paul McGann and Lalla Ward
• Taken Out of Time Making Of (25 mins)
• Now and Then Location report (12 mins)
• Strike! Strike! Strike! (27 mins)
• Being a Girl Women in Doctor Who (29 mins)
• Photo Galleries (11 mins)
• PDF materials: Radio Times Listings
• Production Note Subtitles
• Digitally remastered picture and sound quality
• More Than 30 Years in the TARDIS (87 mins)
• Remembering Nicholas Courtney (26 mins)
• Doctor Who Stories – Peter Purves (13 mins)
• The Lambert Tapes – Part One (10 mins)
• Those Deadly Divas with Kate O’Mara, Camille Coduri and Tracy Ann Oberman (22 mins)