Starring Tom Baker, Elisabeth Sladen, Ian Marter & Nicholas Courtney
Directed by: Douglas Camfield
Produced by: Philip Hinchcliffe
Written by: Robert Banks Stewart
Another adventure for everyone’s favourite time-traveller. Answering the Brigadier’s space/time telegraph, the Doctor (Tom Baker), Sarah and Harry arrive in the village of Tulloch, near Loch Ness. A series of attacks have taken place on local oil rigs, and many are blaming the legendary monster. The Doctor discovers the creature to be the Skarasen – cyborg pet of invading aliens the Zygons. Their own planet having been destroyed and their spaceship crippled, these deadly shape- shifters are now intent upon taking control of the planet Earth.
- Commentary by producer Philip Hinchcliffe, writer Robert Banks Stewart, production unit manager George Gallaccio, make-up artist Sylvia James and sound effect producer Dick Mills, moderated by Mark Ayres.
- Scotch Mist in Sussex – Cast and crew look back at the making of this story. With actors John Levene and John Woodnutt, Philip Hinchcliffe, Robert Banks Stewart, designer Nigel Curzon, costume designer James Acheson, visual effects assistant Steve Bowman, writer and historian Simon Farquar and the director’s son, Joggs Camfield.
- Remembering Douglas Camfield – The life and work of respected director Douglas Camfield is remembered in this documentary. With actors Celia Imrie, Peter Purves, Jonathan Newth and John Levene, Philip Hinchcliffe, Robert Banks Stewart, director Graeme Harper and Joggs Camfield. Narrated by Glen Allen.
- The UNIT Family Part 3 – The concluding part of the series looking at the stories featuring the United Nations Intelligence Taskforce. With actors Tom Baker, Nicholas Courtney, Katy Manning, John Levene and Richard Franklin, producer Barry Letts and script editor Terrance Dicks.
- Doctor Who Stories: Tom Baker – Tom Baker talks about his work on the series in this interview originally recorded for 2003’s The Story of Doctor Who.
- Doctor Who Stories: Elisabeth Sladen – Elisabeth Sladen remembers her time as Sarah Jane Smith in this interview recorded for The Story of Doctor Who.
- Merry-Go-Round: The Fuel Fishers – Elisabeth Sladen flies out to visit North Sea oil rigs and learn about the process of oil exploration in this schools programme from 1977.
- South Today – Tom Baker interviewed on location in Sussex during the Terror of the Zygons filming by the BBC’s regional news programme South Today.
- Isolated Score
- Photo Gallery
- Radio Times Billings
- Coming Soon
- Production Subtitles
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality.