Starring Tom Baker and Elisabeth Sladen
Directed by: Douglas Camfield
Produced by: Philip Hinchcliffe
Written by: Robert Banks Stewart
Two alien seed pods are found buried in the Antarctic permafrost and the Doctor realises that they are from a Krynoid, a form of plant life that infects and transforms all animal life on planets upon which it becomes established.
One of the pods infects a scientist at an Antarctic base but the developing Krynoid is destroyed by a bomb set by two men, Scorby and Keeler, who have made off with the other pod for their boss, eccentric plant collector Harrison Chase.
At his mansion in England Chase arranges for the pod to be opened under controlled conditions while a human host – Sarah – is held nearby. The Doctor rescues Sarah, but Keeler is infected. Keeler’s transformation into a Krynoid is accelerated by Chase, who has him fed with raw meat.
The creature escapes and goes on the rampage, rapidly growing to giant proportions. Chase decides to turn the Doctor into compost by feeding him into a pulverising machine……..
• Audio Commentary by Tom Baker (The Doctor), John Challis (Scorby), Kenneth Gilbert (Dunbar), Michael McStay (Moberley), Philip Hinchcliffe (Producer), Robert Banks Stewart (Writer), Roger-Murray Leach (Designer) and Joggs Camfield (son of Douglas Camfield, Director)
• PodShock Examining the making of The Seeds of Doom
• Now and Then
• Playing in the Green Cathedral The music of Geoffrey Burgon
• So What Do You Do Exactly? The roles of the Production Assistant and Production Unit Manager, with Graeme Harper
• Stripped for Action – A look at the comic strip adventures of the Fourth Doctor
• Trailers and Continuity
• Photo Gallery
• Easter eggs
• Isolated music score
• PDF materials: Radio Times Listings
• Production Notes Subtitle Option