Starring Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Elisabeth Sladen, Carol Ann Ford, Lalla Ward, Wendy Padbury, Anthony Ainley, Richard Franklin, Dinah Sheridan, David Savile, Nicholas Courtney with footage of Tom Baker and William Hartnell.
Feature-length episode designed to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Doctor Who.
All five Doctors (Peter Davison, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Richard Hurndall and Tom Baker) and many of their old companions are taken out of time and deposited in the Death Zone on Gallifrey. There they must battle not only the Master, but Daleks, Cybermen and Yeti in order to reach the Dark Tower and discover the Tomb of Rassilon.
This special edition includes new special effects and extra footage not included in the original broadcast. Other extras include:
- Celebration – a documentary – presented by Colin Baker – recalling the making of, and publicity surrounding, the Five Doctors. The director, Peter Moffat appears, one last time before his death in 2007, and there are anecdotes from Elisabeth Sladen, Peter Davison, Janet Fielding and the writer Terrance Dicks.
- The Ties that Bind Us is a much shorter documentary – narrated by Paul McGann – looking at the Five Doctors’ links to other Doctor Who story, with a montage of clips to illustrate what makes this show so special.
- An “Easter Egg” commentary by the current Doctor (David Tennant) and producer (Phil Collinson) and writer Helen Raynor.
- Clips from the publicity surrounding the series in 1983, from Breakfast Time, Blue Peter and Saturday Superstore.
- A comprehensive photo gallery and trailers/continuities.
- Two further commentaries:
- Companions Commentary with Liz Sladen, Nicholas Courtney, and Mark Strickson and Carol Ann Ford.
- Special Edition Commentary (a combination of writer Terrance Dicks and the Doctor, Peter Davison).